The Chiddingfold Village Cinema trades as a part of the Chiddingfold Village Hall (Charity no. 305001) and is responsible for providing entertainment through film showings in the community of Chiddingfold. It operates as a not-for-profit cinema for the benefit of local people and aims to raise funds to go towards the upkeep and maintenance of the village hall.
Customer Service Contact Information
If at any time you would like to contact us regarding your bookings, please use one of the methods below to get in touch. We will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
Main Office Address
Chiddingfold Village Cinema
c/o Chiddingfold Village Hall
Payment Protection & Processing
All our payment methods are handled by accredited Payment Gateway Providers. We only hold information pertaining to your booking which allows us to determine the date and registrant - and we never keep details of your Credit Cards, Bank Accounts or other 'delicate' payment details.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
All tickets purchased through the website will be sent by email, within a minute or two of a successful payment
In order to attend a screening, we ask a number of questions of which some are mandatory to answer. Your details are kept in a secure database and are essential in allowing us to administer the ticket allocation.
The optional information, eg. Polls asking about your interests, allow us to gain a better understanding of our target audience.
We never share this information with 3rd parties and, unless you have opted out, will only use your contact details to keep you informed of your membership and any Village Cinema news. Your contact details & preferences can be updated in My Account.
We do not store any of your Credit Card information or Bank details. The database that stores your contact information is protected using the latest up-to-date security technology and employs a high level of encryption during any transactions of personal information.
When Do We Collect Personal Data About You?
We collect information about you when you book a ticket via our website. We also collect information when you make any other donation, and if you sign up to our Mailing List or complete a survey. If you visit our website we also collect information using cookies.
Why Do We Collect & Process Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data about you to:
- process your ticket orders or other bookings and contracts with us;
- manage your account and other customer records with us;
- fundraise and promote the charitable interests of Chiddingfold Village Hall;
- process donations, including Gift Aid;
- manage our volunteers;
- ensure the safety of our visitors and volunteers;
- (if you agree) to send you information about Chiddingfold Cinema which we think may be of interest to you; and
- comply with any legal obligations.
What Is The Basis For Collecting & Processing Personal Data?
To process your personal data, we rely on the following legal bases:
- for the performance of a contract we have with you (such as booked tickets);
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (such as tax obligations); or
- to further our legitimate business interests (such as tailoring your experience on our website), provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
If there is another specific purpose where the above legal bases would not apply to the processing of your Personal Data by us (such as receiving marketing communications), we will seek your consent to do so.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We keep your Personal Data for no longer than is reasonably necessary to comply with our obligations to you and what the law requires (for example, safeguarding children), and to satisfy any accounting or reporting requirements. This means we will generally need to retain your details for a maximum of 24 months after your last transaction or other recorded interaction with us.
In determining the retention period of all Personal Data we take into account the amount, sensitivity and potential risk to you of any unauthorised disclosure and aim to minimise both the amount of Personal Data we hold and the duration we retain it. For example, if you have bought a ticket or booked a room with us we will need to keep your Personal Data at least until the accounts for that year have been audited and filed with the Charity Commission.
What If Do Not Want To Provide My Personal Data?
We need to collect a certain amount of information about you in order to provide the services we offer. If you decline to provide the Personal Data we require we will not be able to enter any contract with you and could not, for example, sell you a ticket.
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which Chiddingfold Cinema holds about you;
- The right to request that Chiddingfold Cinema corrects any of your Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain it;
- The right to withdraw your consent (where relied on) to process any of your Personal Data by Chiddingfold Cinema;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Data; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or online or write to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Exercising Your Rights
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- What we may need from you
To make sure Personal Data is not disclosed to anyone without the right to access it we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If we are processing your Personal Data based solely on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use
of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Changes To This Policy
Refunds, Returns & Cancellation
If you don't wish to receive the Cinema newsletter, or any information via email, then you can opt-out by changing your communication preferences using the Account Details area on the website.
If you prefer to contact us by post, please use the address stated at the top of the page.